Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hide and Seek Robot

New personal work & thoughts from Curtis Johnson:
"The inspiration for this idea came from a scene that I witnessed while enjoying a beautiful summer evening. I saw 2 boys playing at a playground and one of them was chasing the other around using a remote controlled toy car. I thought it was pretty funny and the image is a result of this experience. I had the Robot prop built for me and I decided to change things up a bit and went with girls playing instead of boys."

"As is the case for much of my work the entire image was shot in pieces. 7 shots in all were combined to create this image. The various shots are as follows: playground scene, sky, tree on the right, Robot, and 3 separate shots of girls. I performed most of the retouching with the final touches added by Brad Palm, a retoucher whom I work with fairly often. The result is a wonderfully fun scene of kids at play as if it were just another day at the playground. I'll be using this as a promotional piece for myself."

No comments: