Wednesday, April 6, 2011

CGI Nissan Murano by ALTER

Some of the newest CGI work by ALTER.

David Mitchell from ALTER was the CGI artist on this project.
We asked him a few questions about the creation of the image.
What were the challenges with this project, and how were they overcome?
David: The lighting style needed to fit a specific look to match the campaign. It is always easier to create a lighting scheme than to match one.

What elements went into making the Nissan Murano?
David: Lighting the car in 3D allowed us to get closer to the look than with photography. Retouching was also required to take the render to final quality.

How do you get it to look so real? I’m ready to drive off in this baby.
David: We use render engines that correctly bounce light for excellent realism. We use real world lighting methods and elbow grease.

Anything else you’d like to share about it?
David: The 3D models that were provided needed a lot of cleanup work to be usable, so I guess it involved a bit if grinding, welding and polishing.
This was a quick turnaround job and required long hours to meet the deadline but it was still a fun project. I'm looking forward to doing more.....perhaps with a little more time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you will want to place a twitter icon to your site. Just marked down this site, although I had to do it by hand. Just my 2 cents.

NKReps said...

thank you - the widget was acting up but I fixed the problem!

Anonymous said...

Very effectively written information. Will probably be useful to anyone who usess it, including myself. Sustain the great work – for positive i'll try extra posts.

Anonymous said...

What i discover difficult is to discover a weblog that can capture me for a minute but your weblog is different. Bravo.

Anonymous said...

I really like your site. Excellent content. Please continue posting such profound content.